Main Gallery Archive
The Gallery Archives are listed in reverse chronological order. The online archive starts in Jan, 2010. If you need information on exhibitions that prior to Jan, 2010 - please contact gallery staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Main Gallery Events
- – Art & Conflict Art & Conflict features contemporary artists whose works address conflict and war, and the role art and/or the artist can play in commemorating or explaining past conflict, or expose and express issues surrounding conflict.
- – Paper.Works Paper.Works includes the works of twenty artists who use paper as their artistic medium.
- – 46th Annual Jeffco Schools Foundation High School Art Exhibition This Arvada Center favorite returns for its 46th year.
- – Double Exposure: An Exhibition of Photography and Video Double Exposure will feature 13 artists working in both photography and video in the Arvada Centers Main Gallery.
- – 30th Annual Fine Art Market Show and Sale The 30th Annual Fine Art Market will run December 1-18, 2016
- Looking Back: 40 Years/40 Artists For 40 years, the Arvada Center has featured contemporary local and regional art as a lion share of its exhibition offerings. This exhibition celebrates that 40-year history by featuring 40 artists who have been influential in the contemporary art scene during the Arvada Center's history.
- – 41st Annual Exhibition Western Federation of Watercolor Societies The 41st Annual Western Federation of Watercolor Societies Exhibition will feature over 130 pieces in a wide range of styles from twelve member societies.
- – 45th Annual Jefferson Foundation High School Art Exhibition The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities Main Gallery will host the 45th Annual Jefferson Foundation High School Art Exhibition from April 8 to May 8, 2015.
- – 29th Annual Fine Art Market Show and Sale Arvada Center's Annual Fine Art Market Show and Sale returns for its 29th year, and with added dates! The show and sale will run from December 3 - 20, and will still include over 100 Colorado artists and artisans working in all media.
- – FIRED: Iron In partnership with the Western Cast Iron Art Alliance, FIRED: Iron is a blended juried and invitational exhibition that features contemporary artists west of the Mississippi using iron as the predominant material in their art.
- – Art of the State 2016 Call for Entry Art of the State 2016 is the follow up to the critically acclaimed Art of the State held in 2013. Call for entry dates July 13 - October 12, 2015, open to all artists 18 and over living and working in Colorado.
- – Conscious and Unconscious: Subjects of the Real & Surreal Part I Conscious and Unconscious: Subjects of the Real & Surreal Part I
- – 44th Annual Jeffco Schools Foundation High School Art Exhibition An Arvada Center favorite! For 44 years, this exhibition has encouraged and supported tomorrow’s artists from the Jefferson County school district, many of whom go on to thrive and teach themselves. The exhibition features more than 400 works from 23 Jefferson County high schools.
- – Discovering & Interpreting the West: 21st Century Landscapes In the 21st century, the concept of the West and what it means in a rapidly and ever-changing world as well as different art movements and media influence artists depicting landscapes.
- – UNBOUND: Five Installations Taking advantage of the Main Gallery's unique architecture & expansive space, we invited five artists who work in varying media, size and scope to create one-of-a-kind, site-specific art installations that will become individual micro-environments.
43rd Annual Jeffco Schools Foundation High School Art Exhibition
Jeffco Foundation High School Art ExhibitionFor 43 years, this exhibition has encouraged & supported tomorrow's artists from the Jefferson County school district, many of whom are now thriving & teaching. The exhibition features more than 400 works from 23 different JeffCo high schools.
COLLECT: The Art of Colorado Corporations
The Art of Colorado Corporations
The Arvada Center Winter 2014 Exhibition Series addresses three major areas of collecting. The exhibition focues on stories & motivations behind corporate art collections, institution collections, & the origins and passion behind private collections.
- – Perception: Color | Line | Pattern (n.): Process of registering sensory stimuli as meaningful experience. This summer's Main Gallery Exhibition brings together 21 artists to explore what can be accomplished with three basic artistic elements and principles: color, line and pattern.
- – Art of the State: a Juried Exhibition of Colorado Art of the State: A Juried Exhibition of Colorado. 191 works by 160 artists that represent a wide range of art approaches.