Theater Gallery Archive
Past Theater Gallery Events
- – Linda Scholes, Carpe Diem, Jeffco Teacher Solo Exhibition In conjunction with the annual Jeffco Schools High School Art Exhibition, the Arvada Center recognizes the teachers that educate and train future artists with the Jeffco Teacher Solo Exhibition.
- – Stop/Look/See: Photography by James Milmoe Stop/Look/See: Photography by James Milmoe in the Upper and Theatre Galleries
- Moving Forward: The Next 40 Years This exhibition in the Upper and Theatre galleries will draw together artists who are in the prime of their career and have been dynamic in Colorado's recent contemporary art scene.
- – 25th Annual Colorado Watercolor Society State Exhibition The 25th Annual Colorado Watercolor Society State Exhibition will fill the upper and theatre galleries at the Arvada Center in Summer 2016.
- – Right to Roam: Franky & Annie Scaglione, Jeffco Teacher Solo Exhibition The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities Theatre Gallery will host a Jeffco Teacher Solo Exhibition featuring the work of Franky and Annie Scaglione from April 8 to May 8, 2015.
- – FIRED: Glass FIRED: Glass explores contemporary glass art and includes local, national, and international artists such as glass masters.
- – Art of the State 2016 Call for Entry Art of the State 2016 is the follow up to the critically acclaimed Art of the State held in 2013. Call for entry dates July 13 - October 12, 2015, open to all artists 18 and over living and working in Colorado.
- – Conscious and Unconscious: Subjects of the Real & Surreal Part III Conscious and Unconscious: Subjects of the Real & Surreal Part III
- – Joe Fretz: Unseen Structure Jeffco Teacher Solo Exhibition This solo exhibition features paintings and recent photo-works by Green Mountain High School teacher and artist Joe Fretz who will be retiring this year after 16 years teaching.
- – Discovering & Interpreting the West: 19th Century Landscapes Discovery and interpretation proliferated in the 19th century. America was being explored by many artists who were traveling with expeditions, or just traveling to experience a new land.
- – UNBOUND: Altered Environments Altered Environments includes photography &video works that explore seemingly familiar environments in which artists have encountered, created or changed
- – Wes Magyar: Means to an End - Jeffco Alumni Exhibition The Arvada Center welcomes back Wes Magyar who began his artistic career right here in the Arvada Centers Jefferson County High School Art Exhibition in 1993. Now a thriving professional artist, he returns this spring to exhibit alongside his former high school teacher, Erick C. Johnson.
COLLECT: The Art of Colorado Individuals
The Art of Colorado Individuals
The Arvada Center Winter 2014 Exhibition Series addresses three major areas of collecting. The exhibition focues on stories & motivations behind corporate art collections, institution collections, & the origins and passion behind private collections.
Nuestra Cultura: Our People, Our Heritage
Nuestra Cultura: Our People, Our Heritage
In partnership with the Abarca Family Collection, this exhibition features art, music, film, dance, literature, sports, food, festivals & religion that highlight the culture & heritage of people of Mexican descent
- – Yaacov Agam: Works on Paper from the David Goodman Collection A living legend, Israel born Yaacov Agam is most known for creating dynamic works of art that are never the same. One of the fathers of the kinetic and op art movements.
- – Scot Odendahl: On the Roadside - Jeffco Teacher Solo Exhibition Theater Gallery This solo exhibition features prints by artist and educator Scot Odendahl. A teacher at Jefferson County Schools for 8 years and currently at Warren
- – La Mexicana: Female Icons in Mexican Culture La Mexicana: Female Icons in Mexican Culture Courtesy of the Abarca Family Collection September 13-December 16, 2012
- – Arvada Center: Craig Wright: Residue of Process || JeffCo Teacher Solo Exhibition JeffCo Teacher Craig Wright’s jewelry & sculpture explores metal's integrity & the cause/effect processes leave behind.
- – Oaxaca: in Living Culture OAXACA: In Living Culture Theater Gallery September 15 - November 13, 2011 Denver businessman Luis Abarca’s commitme
- – SAQA: Structures in Cloth SAQA: Structures in Cloth
- – Sharon Feder: Edge of the Plains Sharon Feder’s Edge of the Plains is a contemporary look at today’s West with the ever-changing architecture of Denver.
- – Herencia Milenaria: Contemporary Ceramics from Tonalá, Jalisco, Mexico Theater Gallery Herencia Milenaria: Contemporary Ceramics from Tonalá, Jalisco, Mexico
- – Live at the Fillmore East:: A Photographic Memoir Live at the Fillmore East: A Photographic Memoir Theater Gallery
- – Life on the Range: Selections from the Francis King Collection of Western Art: Sangre de Cristo Art Center LIFE ON THE RANGE:Selected Paintings from the Francis King Collection of Western Art,Sangre de Cristo Arts Center, Pueblo