Upper Gallery Archive
Past Upper Gallery Events
- – 9th Annual ACES Show and Sale Over 50 instructors and students from the Center's own outstanding ceramics classes are offering works for sale at irresistible prices!
- Moving Forward: The Next 40 Years This exhibition in the Upper and Theatre galleries will draw together artists who are in the prime of their career and have been dynamic in Colorado's recent contemporary art scene.
- – 25th Annual Colorado Watercolor Society State Exhibition The 25th Annual Colorado Watercolor Society State Exhibition will fill the upper and theatre galleries at the Arvada Center in Summer 2016.
- – Jaime Molina: Superstitio, Jeffco Alumni Exhibition The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities Upper Gallery will host a Jeffco Alumni Exhibition featuring the work of Jaime Molina from April 8 to May 8, 2015.
- – FIRED: Ceramics FIRED: Ceramics is an invitational exhibition featuring eight nationally recognized ceramic artists who are known for their skill in slip cast ceramics.
- – Art of the State 2016 Call for Entry Art of the State 2016 is the follow up to the critically acclaimed Art of the State held in 2013. Call for entry dates July 13 - October 12, 2015, open to all artists 18 and over living and working in Colorado.
- – Conscious and Unconscious: Subjects of the Real & Surreal Part II Conscious and Unconscious: Subjects of the Real & Surreal Part II
- – Lui Ferreyra: Means of Approach Jeffco Alumni Exhibition The Arvada Center welcomes back Lui Ferreyra who began his artistic career right here in the Arvada Center’s Jefferson County High School Art Exhibition in 1990. Born in Mexico, Ferreyra attended Golden High School from 1990 – 1994...
- – Discovering & Interpreting the West: 20th Century Landscapes By the 20th century most of the West had been settled, and interpreting it took on a new meaning. No longer were artists documenting new geological features, flora and fauna that were nowhere to be seen in the East, they were interpreting the West artistically.
- – UNBOUND: Digital Creations The works in this exhibition, created by four invited artists, are not bound by conventional media, or a lack of creativity.
- – Arvada Fine Arts Guild Annual Spring Membership Exhibition Upper Gallery Opening Reception Thursday, May 15, 2014 from 6 to 8 p.m. The Arvada Fine Arts Guild has become one of the largest local-artist
- – Erick C. Johnson: Pay Attention - Jeffco Teacher Solo Exhibition Erick C. JohnsonThis solo exhibition features sculptures and wall constructions by artist and educator Erick C. Johnson. A teacher at Jefferson County
COLLECT: The Art of Colorado Institutions
The Art of Colorado Institutions
The Arvada Center Winter 2014 Exhibition Series addresses three major areas of collecting. The exhibition focues on stories & motivations behind corporate art collections, institution collections, & the origins and passion behind private collections.
Continuing Legacies: Evolving Ceramic Traditions
Continuing Legacies: Evolving Ceramic Traditions
Organized by Arvada Center Ceramic Coordinator Bebe Alexander, Continuing Legacies showcases artists who have studied methods and processes of traditional ceramic arts from multi-generational masters in their respective field.
- – Victor Vasarely: Works on Paper from the David Goodman Collection Hungarian born Victor Vasarely is considered one of the fathers of the kinetic and op-art movements
- – 6th Annual Arvada Fine Arts Guild Annual Spring Membership Exhibition 6th Annual Arvada Fine Arts Guild Annual Sprin Membership Exhibition May 16 - June 2, 2013 Upper Gallery Opening Reception Thursday, May 16, 6-8 p.m.
- – Heidi Jung: Black & White - Jeffco Alumni Exhibition Heidi Jung: Black and White Jeffco Alumni Exhibition April 5-May 5, 2013 Upper Gallery The Arvada Center welcomes back Heidi Jung who began her career right he
- – Intimate Dialogue: Seven Women, Seven Voices Intimate Dialogue: Seven Women, Seven Voices In this exhibition, abstracted intimacy is the specific uniting factor between seven artists.
- – Homare Ikeda/Monroe Hodder: In Partnership with William Havu Gallery Homare Ikeda/Monroe Hodder Upper Gallery January 1 - April 29, 2012 The exhibition is made possible through a par
- – Edition to Clay: Ceramic Artists as Printmakers Edition to Clay: Ceramic Artists as Printmakers Ceramic artists often extend their talents beyond clay
- – Michael Gregory: Western Construct Michael Gregory: Western Construct
- – Arvada/ARTvada: 35 Years of Art The Arvada Center’s 35th anniversary pays homage to the City of Arvada’s commitment to the arts with a wide variety of works from its permanent collection
- – Raíces Y Ramas / Roots and Branches Raíces y Ramas/Roots and Branches
- – Convergence: Painting with Music Convergence: Painting with Music Upper Gallery Twenty performance painters from Colorado and across the nati
- – Kirkland Museum Collection: 100 Years of Colorado Art, - Drawings and Prints KIRKLAND MUSEUM COLLECTION: 100 Years of Colorado Art Drawings and Prints Upper Gallery January 14 - April 4, 2010