Assistant House Foreman
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant House Foreman. This position is a non-exempt benefited position. General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the House Foreman, Technical Director, Production Manager and Production team to create scenery as designed, load-in and rig scenery in a safe, secure, and appropriate manner
- Proficient rigging skills
- Rope work, chain motors, spot lines, etc.
- Proficient carpentry skills
- Reading and understanding design plates, shop drawings, and other design elements in order to build and prepare all requested pieces for production
- Knowledge of VectorWorks or similar related software
- Must demonstrate supervisory skills to work as a team and individually
- Knowledge in motion controlled scenery
- Proficient working overhead and in aerial lifts at high heights
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proficient in making high quality decisions
- Implementing appropriate technical requirements to maintain artistic design and vision
- Maintaining of rigging supplies, supplies work area, and stock to ensure fluid implementation of installation
- Conduct inspections of all infrastructure based on facilities requirements
- Conduct inspections of all installed rigging on a regular basis
- Must be self-directed and assume responsibility for completing tasks and projects within deadlines
- Proficient understanding of safety equipment: i.e., eye, ear, hand, foot, etc.
- Working long days, evenings, and holidays may be required
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and use aerial lifts
- Ability to lift and move 70 pounds occasional and 30 pounds regularly
- Undergraduate degree with 2 years of professional entertainment rigging experience or 4 years of professional entertainment rigging experience in related field
Starting Pay Range: $17.00 per hour
Applicants and inquiries can be sent to Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
6901 Wadsworth Blvd.
Arvada, CO. 80003
To apply, please complete and return the Arvada Center Application for Employment.