Assistant House Foreman
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant House Foreman. This position is a non-exempt benefited position. General responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the House Foreman, Technical Director, Production Manager and Production team to create scenery as designed, load-in and rig scenery in a safe, secure, and appropriate manner
- Proficient rigging skills
- Rope work, chain motors, spot lines, etc.
- Proficient carpentry skills
- Reading and understanding design plates, shop drawings, and other design elements in order to build and prepare all requested pieces for production
- Knowledge of VectorWorks or similar related software
- Must demonstrate supervisory skills to work as a team and individually
- Knowledge in motion controlled scenery
- Proficient working overhead and in aerial lifts at high heights
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proficient in making high quality decisions
- Implementing appropriate technical requirements to maintain artistic design and vision
- Maintaining of rigging supplies, supplies work area, and stock to ensure fluid implementation of installation
- Conduct inspections of all infrastructure based on facilities requirements
- Conduct inspections of all installed rigging on a regular basis
- Must be self-directed and assume responsibility for completing tasks and projects within deadlines
- Proficient understanding of safety equipment: i.e., eye, ear, hand, foot, etc.
- Working long days, evenings, and holidays may be required
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, and use aerial lifts
- Ability to lift and move 70 pounds occasional and 30 pounds regularly
- Undergraduate degree with 2 years of professional entertainment rigging experience or 4 years of professional entertainment rigging experience in related field
Applicants and inquiries can be sent to:
Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities
6901 Wadsworth Blvd.
Arvada, CO. 80003
To apply, please complete and return the Arvada Center Application for Employment.