Arvada Center Blog
The Arvada Center made quite a splash at Central City’s Lou Bunch Days last weekend. Check out all the photos and videos we took.
We were joined by our very own Cindy D, Collin P, Jerry C, Chuck M, Amber R, and Lynn S, for the weekends festivities – from the Street Bed Race, and Can-can Girls to the Elks Club hang out and outrageous team costumes, these photos and videos are a MUST SEE.
The Arvada Center, in conjunction with The WOLF radio station, is hosting a look-alike competition based on the two popular characters from the movie The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas — Burt Reynolds and Dolly Parton.
The afternoon on-air personalities, Jonathan Wilde & Tracy Taylor filmed a fun video to promote the Arvada Center‘s Burt and Dolly look-alike contest. Visit WOLF Radio’s website and check it out. Click on the “WIN $1,000” button on the home page.
Then get your mustache groomed and your balloons blown up for your chance to win.
Its easy to enter. Simply take a picture, upload it to our website and that’s it, you’re entered to win. (www.BURTandDOLLY.com)
– Camp it up!
– Go for authentic!
– Have fun!
– Win some cash!
So, get your mustache groomed and your balloons blown up for your chance to win.
Or join us the evening of Thursday, June 28 at the Electric Cowboy where all the fun and crazy finalists will compete to win the cash and prizes.
See the website for more details.
Deadline is June 25.
The Best Little Whorehouse #5 on Denver Post’s Top 10 plays not to miss this summer:
1. Center for American Theatre’s “The Pavilion”
2. Germinal Stage Denver’s “What the Butler Saw”
3. Little Foxes’ “The Sound Collector and the City of the Blue Moon”
4. Creede Repertory Theatre’s “Lullaby Bay”
5. Arvada Center’s “The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas“ (June 26-July 29 at 6901 Wadsworth Blvd.): Summertime is when the Arvada Center pulls out its big musical guns – and everything is bigger in the Lone Star State. The area’s best hoofers will stage this rollicking tale of small-town vice. No Ann-Margret (star of the national tour that came through Denver), but I’ll take Beth Flynn any day (720-898-7200).
Who made the remaining list?
Check out 6 – 10 on Denver Post’s Website.