THERE ARE NO AUDITIONS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED
To receive alerts for upcoming productions, send an email including your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arvada Center General Audition Guidelines:
- Please do not contact the production staff to schedule an appointment
- A current headshot and résumé are required
- Audio and video submissions will not be considered
- Equity members must have a current equity ID card
- Individuals of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to audition for all roles
- To schedule or inquire about an audition, please call the Arvada Center Box Office at 720-898-7200
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: NEW MUSICALS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION - ONGOING
Anyone interested in submitting a proposal should send a summary of their work to Artistic Associate, Lisa Hoffman at email@example.com for further submission information. Do not send a full packet until contacted.
Due to Production commitments and staffing, our response time is approximately 6 months to review submissions.
We would like writers to be hands-on throughout the process, from casting through Opening. Writers are welcome to be at rehearsals (starting approx. 24 days before Opening) and at all related events regarding readings, workshops, and rehearsals. Travel and housing stipend may be available.
Writers must be comfortable working closely with the Arvada Center’s Director and Producer. Those selected may be eligible to receive a Standard Production contract for a fully staged production of the piece. The contract will be at the discretion of the Artistic Producing Director of Musicals and Chief Operating Officer.
The Arvada Center invites theatre artists to submit proposals for a musical, devised work, or adaptation to be considered for inclusion in upcoming musical theatre seasons. Submissions should be complete and ready for readings, workshops or productions, and available for performance sometime after the 2017/2018 season. Members of the Arvada Center Selection Committee may choose several projects for further discussion and workshopping, with the goal of including at least one in a future season.
The Arvada Center is committed to working with local actors, directors, and designers. All production talent and staff will be local whenever possible. This should be considered in project proposals. The Arvada Center hopes to use this process to broaden its options to new areas and options about what theatre can be.
Guidelines for submission (updated 2-07-17):
• Submitters must have full underlying rights clearance of any pre-existing material used in the script
• The musical cannot already be licensed through another licensing house, or have been produced on Broadway, Off-Broadway or Regional Productions (shows that have had readings and workshop productions are still eligible)
• Requested Submissions will be required to provide:
• Title page
• Brief synopsis, including information on writers, agents, production/development history
• Character breakdown
• Demo CD with track listings in order as they appear in the show. No Dropbox or Electronic submission of music will be accepted.
• Demo track numbers must be included in the script where each track is to be played when reading
• The complete script (all scenes, songs, and lyrics on the page)
• Numbered pages
• If you would like your materials returned, please include a SASE