Events are listed in reverse chronological order with performances starting in June 2011. Call 720-898-7200 for more information on events before June 2011.
Past On Stage Events
The Arvada Center Closes the 2017 – 2018 Season with Stephen Sondheim's “Sunday in the Park with George”
Arvada CO The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities closes its 42nd theatre season with Stephen Sondheims Sunday in the Park with George, directed by Rod A. Lansberry, on Tuesday, April 17, 2018. Inspired by the painting A Sunday Afternoon on the Island o
- – Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor® Dreamcoat The best-selling holiday musical for many years returns to the Arvada Center stage! Tim Rice & Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor® Dreamcoat is an irresistible family musical about the trials and triumphs of Joseph, Israel’s favorite son.
- – A Year With Frog and Toad Based on the award-winning books by Arnold Lobel, A Year With Frog and Toad follows the adventures of two best friends: the cheerful Frog and the grumpy Toad.
- – The Foreigner Charlie Baker, a painfully shy Englishman, finds himself at a rural Georgia hunting lodge for a few days of peace and quiet. To save Charlie from having to speak to strangers, the local inhabitants are told that he’s a foreigner who can’t speak or understand a word of English.
- Pianist, Jeffrey Siegel Performs at the Arvada Center in October The 30th Season of Jeffrey Siegel's Keyboard Conversations and Coffee Concerts begin with two performances - Moods and Tones, and Celebrating Leonard Bernstein!
- – A Chorus Line Everything is on the line for seventeen dancers as they audition for a highly sought-after place in the chorus of a Broadway musical. Through this exhausting process, their stories and vulnerabilities are laid on the line as they ultimately come together and become one singular sensation!
- – A Year With Frog and Toad A Year With Frog and Toad follows the woodland adventures of two amphibious friends, a worrywart toad, and a perky frog, with their assorted colorful hopping, crawling and flying companions, over the course of a year.
- – Waiting for Godot Vladimir fusses with his hat. Estragon struggles with his boots
- – Jesus Christ Superstar Sensational or sacrilegious… definitely controversial, the first rock opera created at the end of the turbulent '60s, centers on a social and political rebel.
- – Bus Stop Bo is a boastful but innocent cowboy who plans to get Cherie to the altar, kicking and screaming if necessary.
- – Junie B. Jones, The Musical Wowee, wow-wow! Guess what? Everyone's favorite first grader, Junie B. Jones is visiting the Arvada Center! Come watch Junie B. and all her friends as they have outrageous adventures and learn lots too. Don't miss out on all of the fun!
- – Tartuffe Orgon is a lucky man! He has a lovely wife, two devoted children and all the wealth a man could need. And now he’s found Tartuffe, a humble and pious, holy man who promises eternal salvation.
- The Colorado Jazz Repertory Orchestra Comes to the Arvada Center The Arvada Center welcomes the Colorado Jazz Repertory Orchestra this upcoming season. The CJRO, Colorados premier large jazz ensemble, will perform at the Arvada Center in a three-concert series.
- – Sister Act Sister Act, a delightful musical comedy, has audiences jumping to their feet!
- The Fabulous Thunderbirds featuring Kim Wilson The Fabulous Thunderbirds will play a summer concert in Denver on August 14, 2016 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Amphitheatre.
- Reverend Horton Heat Reverend Horton Heat will be playing a summer concert in Denver on August 6, 2016 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Amphitheatre.
- Arvada Center Summer Stage Concert Series: Electric Hot Tuna with Michelle Malone Hot Tuna will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 13, 2016 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Amphitheatre.
- The Arvada Center Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary in Concert With the Colorado Symphony On July 9, the Arvada Center celebrates 40 years of exceptional art, music and theatre all taking place in its outdoor amphitheatre. The Colorado Symphony, well-known musical theatre actors and members of the Centers Musical Theatre Teen Intensive summer camp will perform.
- Jeffrey Siegel Coffee Concert - Two Classic Romantics - Mozart and Schubert Mozart's witty Variations on Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and his romantic Rondo in A Minor...
- Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations - Music of Joyous Celebration! A program of festive, uplifting music celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Arvada Center!
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra - Honoring the Dead Richard Burchard, guest composer, has quickly risen to the top ranks of contemporary choral composers. Burchard’s works will receive their Carnegie Hall (NYC) premiere in 2017.
- The Colorado Chamber Orchestra Presents "Honoring the Dead" on April 3 The Colorado Chamber Orchestras (CCO) final program for the season is Honoring the Dead performing in the Main Stage Theatre on Sunday, April 3, 2016, at 2:00 p.m.
- Jeffrey Siegel Coffee Concert - the Romantic Music of Chopin Exhilarating waltzes, the dreamy lullaby, and the deeply expressive preludes, amongst the composer's most personally revealing compositions.
- Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations - the Golden Age of the Piano Beloved favorites from yesteryear - enduring musical gems from the elegant salon to the concert hall.
- – Junie B. Jones, the Musical Wowee, wow-wow! Guess what? Everyone's favorite first grader, Junie B. Jones is visiting the Arvada Center! Come watch Junie B. and all her friends as they have outrageous adventures and learn lots too. Don't miss out on all of the fun!
- Arvada Center Summer Concerts 2016 See the full listing of artists playing at the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities this summer.
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra - Winter Carnival Revisiting Saint-Saens' "Carnival of the Animals" CCO's Winter Concert will engage the audience in discussion and demonstrations of how Saint-Saens created his short musical compositions. The highlight of this concert will be Dr. Guzzo’s new composition based on concepts and instrumentation of Carnival of the Animals
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra Performs Winter Carnival - Revisiting Saint-Saens’ Carnival of the Animals Arvada CO - The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities Orchestra-in-Residence, the Colorado Chamber Orchestra (CCO) will perform Winter Carnival - Revisiting Saint-Saens Carnival of the Animals in the Main Stage Theatre on Sunday, January 24, 2016, at 2:00 p.m.
- 2016 – 2017 Arvada Center Theatre Season at a glance See a complete listing of the plays and musicals which make up the Arvada Center's 41st theatre season.
- December 15 Performance of White Christmas Canceled The performance of Irving Berlins White Christmas scheduled for tonight, Tuesday December 15, at 7:30 p.m. has been canceled due to snow. If you had tickets to this performance, you have several options. You can covert what you paid for the tickets to an account credit or a tax-deductible
- – Irving Berlin's White Christmas Veterans Bob Wallace and Phil Davis have a successful song-and-dance act after World War II. With romance in mind, they follow two sisters to a Vermont lodge where they are performing in a Christmas show. This sentimental musical is filled with Christmas cheer
- Jeffrey Siegel Coffee Concert - the Power and Passion of Beethoven The humorous Rage over a Lost Penny, Fr Elise (who was she, and why did Beethoven compose this for her?), and the Moonlight Sonata
- Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations - Chopin and Grieg - a Musical Friendship Two of the most poppular composers of all time. Moonlit Nocturnes, zesty Norwegian Dances, melodious Mazurkas, and a vibrant Polonaise.
- The Arvada Center Celebrates the Holidays With “Irving Berlin's White Christmas” The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities will open Irving Berlins White Christmas directed by Gavin Mayer on Tuesday, November 24 at 7:30 p.m. The musical will run through December 23 in the Main Stage Theatre.
- The Mitzvah Project The Mitzvah Project is a combination of theatre, history lesson and conversation in which actor and child of survivor, Roger Grunwald, explores one of the most shocking aspects of the Jewish experience during the Second World War.
- – Charlotte's Web - Fall 2015 Charlotte's Web, a beloved children's classic, spins the tale of a clever spider and her pig friend Wilbur.
- The Arvada Center Hosts a Special One-Night Engagement “The Mitzvah Project” The Arvada Center will host a special engagement, The Mitzvah Project, a one-person performance and lecture in the Main Stage Theatre on Thursday, October 29, 2015 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m
- The Arvada Center Presents the Children's Musical "Charlotte's Web" The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities opens the childrens theatre production Charlottes Web based on the book by E. B. White.
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra - Myths, Painters and Composers Three musical selections feature solo harp and piano performances and selections from Composer-in-Residence Dr. Anne M. Guzzo, Donald Hilsberg, Ravel and Mozart.
- Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations - the Passionate Love Music of Robert Schumann If ever there was a composer whose music was inspired by love that composer was Robert Schumann!
- Jeffrey Siegel Coffee Concert - an American Salute! Gershwin's rarely heard solo piano arrangement of Rhapsody in Blue as well as poetic works of Leonard Bernstein, and jazzy compositions of Aaron Copland.
- Auditions The Arvada Center holds auditions for upcoming theatre productions throughout the year. Sign up to receive alerts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Good on Paper In this quirky romantic comedy, virtual dating takes on a new twist when a lovelorn police-sketch artist brings her drawings to life. Peg is absurdly particular about the men she dates, no one can live up to her standards until… a “Guy” jumps off the sketchpad and sweeps her off her feet.
- The Arvada Center Opens the 2015 – 2016 Season With “Saturday Night Fever, the Musical” The Arvada Center will open its 2015 - 2016 theatre season with Saturday Night Fever, The Musical directed by Rod A. Lansberry, on Tuesday, September 15, 2015. Saturday Night Fever is based on the Paramount/RSO film and the story by Nik Cohn. and features music by the Bee Gees
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Rhiannon Giddens With the Haunted Windchimes Rhiannon Giddens of the Carolina Chocolate Drops showcases her debut solo album in Denver on August 14, 2015
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra The Colorado Chamber Orchestra returns for its second season offering a three-concert series on Sunday afternoons. CCO also introduces us to a new Composer-in-Residence, Dr. Anne M. Guzzo. This season's programming includes some classical favorites as well as new compositions.
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Sweet Harmony Soul Featuring Mavis Staples, Patty Griffin and Amy Helm Sweet Harmony Soul Featuring Mavis Staples, Patty Griffin and Amy Helm will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 16, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Laurie Berkner The queen of children's music, Laurie Berkner will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 11, 2015 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Ampitheater
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Toad the Wet Sprocket, Smash Mouth, and Tonic 90's rock/pop bands Toad the Wet Sprocket, Smash Mouth and Tonic will be playing a concert in Denver on July 2, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Steep Canyon Rangers With Willie Watson Bluegrass band Steep Canyon Rangers will be playing a summer concert in Denver on June 18 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Amphitheater
Summer Drama Camp Performances
Summer 2015 Drama Camp Performances
- – A Man of No Importance A Man of No Importance combines Irish-inspired folk music with the depth of a well-written play.
- JEFFCO Film Festival JEFFCO Film Festival. April 10. Main Stage Theater.
Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations - Classics Go Pop!
Well loved, familiar compositions of great composers that never go out of style or lose their appeal. Music of Gershwin, Schubert, Chopin, Mendelssohn, and others.
- – Colorado Chamber Orchestra: Spring Concert 2015 The Colorado Chamber Orchestra presents its spring concert as Orchestra-In-Residence at the Arvada Center. Maestro Thomas Blomster will lead the orchestra in performances of familiar favorites as well as regional premiers by CCO Composer-in-Residence, Dr. Michael Udow.
- – The Archbishop's Ceiling Espionage and the Cold-War politics of the 1970s come into play in this riveting drama.
- – Phamaly Theatre Company Presents: The Fantasticks The award-winning Phamaly Theatre Company returns The world’s longest running musical, this iconic romantic comedy has delighted audiences for over 50 years.The Fantasticks is a hilarious and moving tale of two young lovers, their meddling fathers, and the wall that divides them.
Jeffrey Siegel - Three Great "B"s - Beethoven, Bach and Bartok!
Beethoven's ardent, lyrical Sonata Opus 78, Brahms's stormy Rhapsodies and intimate Intermerzzi, and Bartok's vibrant, tuneful Roumanian Dances, and humorous Rondo.
- – Harvey There is nothing Elwood P. Dowd enjoys more than spending his days with his best friend Harvey.
- – She Loves Me She Loves Me is a romantic comedy with a touch of holiday nostalgia and elegance.
- The Arvada Center Announces Auditions for the Play "The Archbishop's Ceiling" The Arvada Center will hold auditions for the play, The Archbishop's Ceiling written by Arthur Miller and directed by Brett Aune on January 7 and 8, 2015. Callbacks are scheduled for January 9, 2015.
- Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations - Rachmaninoff and Friends The Romanticism of the Russian Soul! Glorious Preludes of Rachmaninoff, excerpts from the popularSeasons of Tchaikovsky, the hair raising Suggestion Diabolique of Prokofiev, and the mystical musical musings of Alexander Scriabin.
- The Arvada Center Will Open the Musical “She Loves Me” on November 25 The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities will open She Loves Me directed by Gavin Mayer on Tuesday, November 25 at 7:30 p.m. The musical will run through December 21 in the Main Stage Theater.
- Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations - the Miracle of Mozart! His delightful and witty variations on "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", the haunting, introspective Adagio in B Minor, and the powerful, declamatory A Minor Sonata written after the death of his mother.
- Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations® 27th Anniversary Season Begins With “The Miracle of Mozart!” The 27th Season of Jeffrey Siegel's Keyboard Conversations will launch with The Miracle of Mozart!
- The Arvada Center Presents the Children's Musical "Lyle the Crocodile" Opening October 16 The Arvada Center presents "Lyle the Crocodile" October 16 - December 28, 2014
- – Colorado Chamber Orchestra Inaugural Performance The Colorado Chamber Orchestra presents its inaugural season opener as Orchestra-In-Residence at the Arvada Center. Maestro Thomas Blomster will lead the orchestra in performances of familiar favorites as well as regional premiers by CCO Composer-in-Residence, Dr. Michael Udow.
- – Creede Repertory Theatre Presents "The Last Romance" Creede Repertory Theatre returns with this delightful romantic comedy about love in the golden years. Ralph, an elderly widower, feels young again – all thanks to an unexpected second chance at love.
- The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities Hosts the Creede Repertory Theatre Production of “The Last Romance” The Arvada Center will host the critically acclaimed Creede Repertory Theatre's presentation of The Last Romance by Joe DiPietro in the Black Box Theater September 30 - October 26, 2014
- – Memphis, the Musical From the underground dance clubs of 1950s Memphis, Tennessee, comes a sizzling Broadway musical that bursts off the stage with explosive dancing, irresistible songs, and a thrilling tale of fame and love.
- The Mavericks 2014 The Mavericks are back. The country-steeped garage band with a Cuban American lead singer that had emerged from Miami in 1989 with their sultry debut that was equal parts innocence, intensity, and vintage influences reunited in 2012 after an eight-year hiatus.
- The Denver Brass: A Space Odyssey 2014 Arvada Center's Outdoor Amphitheateris the perfect setting for an out-of-this-world space encounter. Hal the Computer, from 2001: A Space Odyssey, will guide you through a universe of space age entertainment: Jupiter, Mars, Orsen Wells War of the Worlds, Star Trek, Zarathustra, Apollo 13 and more...
- Eva Schloss: Anne Frank and Me Eva Schloss: Anne Frank and Me - an intimate conversation with Anne Frank's Stepsister. Enjoy a unique and historic opportunity to enter the world of the stepsister and childhood friend of Anne Frank, Eva Schloss.
- The Manhattan Transfer With FACE 2014 It's been more than 40 years since Tim Hauser, a former Madison Avenue marketing executive, paid his bills by driving a NYC cab while aspiring to form a harmony vocal quartet that could authentically embrace varied musical styles, and still create something wholly unique American pop music.
- The Subdudes - Original Lineup Reunited! 2014 They're back! Tommy Malone, John Magnie, Steve Amedee and Johnny Ray Allen - the original lineup of The Subdudes - are going on the road for the first time in 17 years.
- Colorado Ballet ~ an Evening Under the Stars 2014 Colorado Ballet || A Evening Under The Stars || Aug 16 - Join the stars of Colorado Ballet under the stars for a program featuring excerpts Colorado Ballet’s upcoming fall productions of "A Midsummer Night’s Dream" and "Dracula".
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band and Los Lonely Boys 2014 Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Los Lonely Boys - Tuesday Aug 5 at 7:30pm
- Lyle the Crocodile - Fall 2014 When Lyle the big green crocodile turns up in the Primm family’s bathtub nobody quite knows what to do. Lyle’s singing and dancing soon wins them over and the Primms invite him to stay. Their neighbor, Mr. Grumps, and his equally grumpy cat, are not happy.
- – Tarzan Jungle Party Family Fun Day Swing by early before the Saturday matinee for a rockin’ good time with Radio Disney Denver! Featuring interactive jungle themed games and dances that get the whole family movin’ and groovin’ plus Disney themed premium prizes and giveaways
- Asleep at the Wheel and Jake Shimabukuro Asleep At The Wheel with Jake Shimabukuro || 6/12 - Can a wheel reinvent itself while it’s still rolling? Sounds like an impossible task -- but you never want to say “impossible” to Asleep at the Wheel , the famed western-swing, boogie, and roots-music outfit that’s, amazingly, still on the
- – Tarzan Family Fun Day Jungle Party Swing by early before the Saturday matinee for a rockin’ good time with Radio Disney Denver! Featuring interactive jungle themed games and dances that get the whole family movin’ and groovin’ plus Disney themed premium prizes and giveaways
Jamie Cullum With Nina Storey
Jamie Cullum is a charismatic jazz musician with the ability and versatility to blur musical genres
- – Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations® 27th Season Fall 2014 Celebrated concert pianist and conductor Jeffrey Siegel will return to the Arvada Center for his 27th season in Fall 2014 with a program of great concerts that inform as well as entertain.
- The Arvada Center Announces the 2014 - 2015 Theater Season The Arvada Center has announced its six-play season, an impressive line-up of plays and musicals that span a range of human experiences including self-discovery, romance, humor, imagination and intrigue.
Samuel Beckett & Clyfford Still: Uncommon Perspectives in the Late 1950s
Embers, A Live Reading of Radio Play
The Performing Arts division of Arvada Center presents a live reading of a radio play by Samuel Beckett. Beckett's minimalism is reduced to voice and sound only, as Henry - a writer and storyteller - recollects & interprets details of his life.
- – End of the Rainbow It’s December 1968 & Judy Garland-with her signature cocktail of talent, tenacity & razor-sharp wit-is poised to make a triumphant comeback...or maybe not. Featuring many of her most memorable songs, this bio-drama with music will leave audiences with a tragically poignant insight to her final day
- – Join Our Email List Get special offers when you join our email list!