We pride ourselves on making the arts accessible to everyone! Whether itís providing more than 14,000 half-price tickets to disadvantaged children, or serving kids who are hard of hearing or deaf with one of eight shadow-interpreted shows annually, we donít want anyone to miss the chance to explore their creativity.
That includes the Internet experience. The Arvada Center is proud to say our new website is now 100% ADA compliant to Conformance Level A as dictated by the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 and 100% compliant to U.S. Section 508 guidelines for accessibility adopted by the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Access Board) of the U.S. Federal government.
The Arvada Center improved our services to those with disabilities through the purchase of new assisted listening devices and a wheelchair ramp to our theater stage. Through a collaboration with VSA Arts Colorado, SCFD and Denver Center Media, the Arvada Center helped to develop the Beyond Barrier Free video to assist in training our staff and volunteers in welcoming people of all abilities.
Features for People with Mobility Needs
- Accessible entrances (upper entrance with automatic doors on North side, main entrance with button operated door and centrally located elevator to access different levels)
- Elevator access
- Classrooms, meeting rooms, galleries, studios and bathrooms offer easy access to people using wheelchairs
- Seating for patrons who use wheelchairs is available in the Black Box Theater, Main Stage Theater and Outdoor Amphitheater. Please make your seating needs and preferences known when you purchase your tickets.
Features for People with Hearing Needs
- American Sign Language interpreting will be provided upon request for classes
- TTY information line 720-898-7203
Shadow interpreted children's theater performances on selected dates.
Selected theater shows are American Sign Language interpreted.
Assistive listening devices provided upon request.
- American Sign Language classes offered through our education department.
- TTY available for use at first floor information desk
Features for People with Visual Needs
- Raised-letter and Braille signage
All children's and main stage audio-described children's theater and main stage theater performances.
- Large print theater programs
Features for All People
- Sguiggles, a state-of-the-art playground is accessible to children and adults with vision and mobility impairments.
- If you have specific needs, you are welcome to call the Box Office, 720-898-7200 at least a week before the performance so we can make your visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
- Equal opportunity and nondiscrimination for volunteers and employees.
- Tickets are made available to specific needs populations through ArtReach, 303-433-2882.
- For more information on Arvada Center Access Features and special programs,call 720-898-7241.