2017 - 2018 Black Box Theatre Auditions
To receive alerts for upcoming productions, send an email including your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arvada Center General Audition Guidelines:
- Please do not contact the production staff to schedule an appointment
- A current headshot and résumé are required
- Audio and video submissions will not be considered
- Equity members must have a current equity ID card
- Individuals of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to audition for all roles
- To schedule or inquire about an audition, please call the Arvada Center Box Office at 720-898-7200
SAVE THE DATE!
The Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities will hold auditions for its Black Box season on April 17 and 24. Callbacks are scheduled for May 1 and 2. A detailed audition notice with titles will be released on March 31.
General Audition Requirements:
Experienced performers with strong acting abilities are needed. Actors should prepare two, two-minute contrasting monologues. A current headshot and résumé are required. Equity members must have a current equity ID card. These are Equity LORT D productions; non-equity actors will be considered. Call the Arvada Center Box Office at 720-898-7200 to schedule an appointment time. Actors must be 18 years & older to audition.
Individuals of all ethnic and cultural backgrounds are needed and encouraged to audition for all roles. Unless specifically noted, roles are not limited to any specific ethnicity, size or age.
Rehearsal and Performance Dates:
Rehearsals for the first production begin on September 12, 2017. The production opens on October 13 and runs through November 18, 2017.
Rehearsals for the second production begin on October 24, 2017. The production opens on January 26 and runs through May 6, 2018.
Rehearsals for the third production begin on October 31, 2017. The production opens on February 9 and runs through May 4, 2018.
Rehearsals for the fourth production begin on December 19, 2017. The production opens March 2 and runs through May 3, 2018.
Performances are Thursday through Saturday evenings with matinees on Wednesdays and Sundays for a total of five shows per week.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: NEW MUSICALS FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION - ONGOING
The Arvada Center invites theatre artists to submit proposals for a musical, devised work, or adaptation to be considered for inclusion in upcoming musical theatre seasons. Submissions should be complete and ready for readings, workshops or productions, and available for performance sometime after the 2017/2018 season. Members of the Arvada Center Selection Committee may choose several projects for further discussion and workshopping, with the goal of including at least one in a future season.
The Arvada Center is committed to working with local actors, directors, and designers. All production talent and staff will be local whenever possible. This should be considered in project proposals. The Arvada Center hopes to use this process to broaden its options to new areas and options about what theatre can be.
Guidelines for submission (updated 2-07-17):
• Submitters must have full underlying rights clearance of any pre-existing material used in the script
• The musical cannot already be licensed through another licensing house, or have been produced on Broadway, Off-Broadway or Regional Productions (shows that have had readings and workshop productions are still eligible)
• Requested Submissions will be required to provide:
• Title page
• Brief synopsis, including information on writers, agents, production/development history
• Character breakdown
• Demo CD with track listings in order as they appear in the show. No Dropbox or Electronic submission of music will be accepted.
• Demo track numbers must be included in the script where each track is to be played when reading
• The complete script (all scenes, songs, and lyrics on the page)
• Numbered pages
• If you would like your materials returned, please include a SASE
We would like writers to be hands-on throughout the process, from casting through Opening. Writers are welcome to be at rehearsals (starting approx. 24 days before Opening) and at all related events regarding readings, workshops, and rehearsals. Travel and housing stipend may be available.
Writers must be comfortable working closely with the Arvada Center’s Director and Producer. Those selected may be eligible to receive a Standard Production contract for a fully staged production of the piece. The contract will be at the discretion of the Artistic Producing Director (Musicals) and Chief Operating Officer.
Due to Production commitments and staffing, our response time is approximately 6 months to review submissions.
Anyone interested in submitting a proposal should send a summary of their work to Producing Artistic Director of Musicals, Rod Lansberry at email@example.com for further submission information. Do not send a full packet until contacted.