The Arvada Center's 2015-2016 season is an impressive line-up of plays and musicals that spread across several generations of the human experience including themes of self-discovery, romance, humor, and imagination. More...
Book by Terrence McNally
Music by Stephen Flaherty
Lyrics by Lynn Ahrens
Based on a film A Man of No Importance
Directed by Rod A. Lansberry
Regional Premiere featuring Colorado’s Legendary Irish-Folk Band Colcannon
It’s 1964 in a working-class neighborhood of Dublin. Oscar Wilde devotee, Alfie Byrne has ambitions to perform Wilde’s Salome with his amateur theater troupe in the local church hall; however, Alfie doesn’t realize the controversy his choice of title will create with the church leaders. With the play opening in jeopardy, Alfie turns to someone he thought was a friend, only to be confronted by anger and rejection. The theater troupe stands beside him and helps Alfie find his place in the world.
A Man of No Importance combines Irish-inspired folk music with the depth of a well-written play. Join us for this lyrical musical from the Tony Award-winning team who brought you Ragtime .
Main Stage Theater
Previews April 24 - 26, 2015
Performances run April 28 – May 17, 2015
Fri, May 8 after 7:30 p.m. performance
Wed, May 13 after 1:00 p.m. performance
Times & Pricing:
Previews Fri, Sat & Sun at 7:30 p.m. $36
Fri & Sat, 7:30 p.m. and Sat & Sun, 2:00 p.m.; center $73, prime $67, value $59
Tues, Wed, Thu, 7:30 p.m. and Wed, 1:00 p.m.; center $66, prime $60, value $53
Please note: This production contains mature subject matter.
2015 Accessible Performances
Wednesday and Friday evening performances can be audio-described for the blind upon request at least one week in advance. Call the Box Office at 720-898-7200 for more information.
ASL interpreted performance
Friday,May 15 at 7:30 p.m.
Got a passion for theater? Come join the Arvada Center Theater Salon facilitated by Sasha Fisher, recipient of London’s Time Out Critics’ Choice Award for her work in classical theater. You’ll spend four weeks exploring the script of A Man of No Importance , including scene study, character development and the play’s overall themes and objectives. The course will include a visit from the directing staff and/or actors performing in the production of A Man of No Importance and attendance at the evening performance on Wednesday, May 13.
Tuition: $60 plus one ticket to A Man of No Importance on May 13 ($26) for a total cost of $86
Wednesdays, April 29 - May 20, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., 4 weeks
Registration not available online, please call the Box Office at 720-898-7200.
- Summer Stage Concert Series 2015 2015 Summer Stage Concert Series at Arvada Center co-presented with Swallow Hill Music
- 2015-2016 Theater Season Subscriptions 2015-2016 Theater Subscription Packages
- – A Man of No Importance A Man of No Importance combines Irish-inspired folk music with the depth of a well-written play. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: The Waterboys With Connor Kennedy Band and Minstrel Irish rock band The Waterboys will be playing a summer concert in Denver on May 24 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Amphitheater Buy Now Learn More
Jam Out Hunger - Battle of the Bands
For information regarding the
2ndAnnual Jam Out Hunger - please visit their website at
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Steep Canyon Rangers With Willie Watson Bluegrass band Steep Canyon Rangers will be playing a summer concert in Denver on June 18 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Amphitheater
- – Summer Stage Concert Series: Wonderbound ~ "Boomtown" With Chimney Choir Wonderbound brings dance and adventurous folk rock to our Main Stage Theater this summer.
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Swing and Jazz band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy will be playing a summer concert in Denver on June 27, 2015 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Ampitheater
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Toad the Wet Sprocket, Smash Mouth, and Tonic 90's rock/pop bands Toad the Wet Sprocket, Smash Mouth and Tonic will be playing a concert in Denver on July 2, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Jonny Lang Blues and rock artist Jonny Lang will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 9, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Colorado Symphony Presents Mozart Under Moonlight Colorado Symphony returns for another "Mozart Under Moonlight", a glorious evening celebrating the most revered composer of all time. This concert will highlight Colorado Symphony musicians as soloists and Mozart's Symphony No. 35 as well as other classical favorites. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Laurie Berkner The queen of children's music, Laurie Berkner will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 11, 2015 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Ampitheater
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Sweet Harmony Soul Featuring Mavis Staples, Patty Griffin and Amy Helm Sweet Harmony Soul Featuring Mavis Staples, Patty Griffin and Amy Helm will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 16, 2015