2015 Summer Stage Concert Series at Arvada Center co-presented with Swallow Hill Music More...
The Archbishop's Ceiling
By Arthur Miller, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Death of a Salesman
Directed by Brett Aune
Espionage and the Cold-War politics of the 1970s come into play in this riveting drama. The setting, an ornate room in a former Archbishop's Eastern European palace, is probably bugged by the secret police. Sigmund, a writer, has embarrassed the current regime. With his career in jeopardy, he is faced with the choice of staying on in an attempt to rebuild trust, or defecting to the West. He is encouraged to leave the country by one friend who is an ex-political prisoner, and another who is a visiting American. The situation is further complicated by a woman, the mistress of all three. The complexity of their relationships, and the uncertainty that what they say may be overheard, makes for a rich and deeply intriguing play.
Black Box Theater
Previews March 20-22, 2015
Performances run March 24 – April 19, 2015
Times & Pricing:
Previews Fri, Sat & Sun at 7:30 p.m. $25
Fri & Sat, 7:30 p.m. and Sat & Sun, 2:00 p.m.; prime $48, value $42
Tues, Wed, Thu, 7:30 p.m. and Wed, 1:00 p.m.; prime $43, value $38
Please note: This production contains mature subject matter.
Prologues and Talk-Backs
Come early for a short talk before the performance and/or stay for a moderated conversation after the performance. Both are scheduled for every performance except for previews, opening night and the closing matinee. Prologues begin 30 minutes before curtain time in the theater and last 15 to 20 minutes. Talk Backs are held shortly after the performance ends.
Friday evening and Sunday matinee performances can be audio-described for the blind upon request at least one week prior to the selected performance. Call the Box Office at 720-898-7200.
The Archbishop’s Ceiling Cast
Marcus - William Hahn
Sigmund - Michael Morgan
Adrian - Rodney Lizcano
Maya - Heather Lacy
Irina - Adrian Egolf
Press for The Archbishop's Ceiling
“Espionage and Cold War politics make for an engaging play at the Arvada Center” - Theater Colorado
“’The Archbishop’s Ceiling’ is powerful’ - Denver Examiner
“Ears in the Ceiling, Miller play at Arvada Center explores espionage” - Lakewood Sentinel
- – Charlotte's Web - Spring 2015 Charlotte's Web, a beloved children's classic, spins the tale of a clever spider and her pig friend Wilbur. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series 2015 2015 Summer Stage Concert Series at Arvada Center co-presented with Swallow Hill Music
- – The Archbishop's Ceiling Espionage and the Cold-War politics of the 1970s come into play in this riveting drama. Buy Now Learn More
- – Colorado Chamber Orchestra: Spring Concert 2015 The Colorado Chamber Orchestra presents its spring concert as Orchestra-In-Residence at the Arvada Center. Maestro Thomas Blomster will lead the orchestra in performances of familiar favorites as well as regional premiers by CCO Composer-in-Residence, Dr. Michael Udow.
Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations - Classics Go Pop!
Well loved, familiar compositions of great composers that never go out of style or lose their appeal. Music of Gershwin, Schubert, Chopin, Mendelssohn, and others.Buy Now Learn More
- – A Man of No Importance A Man of No Importance combines Irish-inspired folk music with the depth of a well-written play. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: The Waterboys With Connor Kennedy Band Irish rock band The Waterboys will be playing a summer concert in Denver on May 24 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Amphitheater Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Steep Canyon Rangers Bluegrass band Steep Canyon Rangers will be playing a summer concert in Denver on June 18 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Amphitheater
- – Summer Stage Concert Series: Wonderbound ~ "Boomtown" With Chimney Choir Wonderbound brings dance and adventurous folk rock to our Main Stage Theater this summer.
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Swing and Jazz band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy will be playing a summer concert in Denver on June 27, 2015 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Ampitheater