The Arvada Center's 2015-2016 season is an impressive line-up of plays and musicals that spread across several generations of the human experience including themes of self-discovery, romance, humor, and imagination. More...
The Arvada Center's 2015-2016 season is an impressive line-up of plays and musicals that spread across several generations of the human experience including themes of self-discovery, romance, humor, and imagination. The three musical and three play season is filled with popular titles and includes one world premiere, two regional premieres and an ongoing collaboration with Creede Repertory Theatre.
If you want the best value - please consider a subscription!
or Call the Box Office at 720-898-7200
SINGLE TICKETS GO ON SALE MONDAY, AUGUST 3
Saturday Night Fever
Based on the Paramount/RSO Film and the story by Nik Cohn
Please note: This production contains adult situations.
Pull out your leisure suit, put on your hot pants, polish your platform shoes and get ready to boogie down when we present this regional premiere musical based on the classic 70s film. Set in the historically significant era of post-Vietnam, Watergate, and years of civil unrest; America was ready to embrace something new. When disco blazoned on the scene, it created a cultural shift by embracing a blending of dance styles from high-energy jitterbug, to mid-century rock and roll and the classic grace of ballroom dance. Disco helped launch a new era that resulted in lifestyle changes and musical genres that have become part of our contemporary culture. Saturday Night Fever features all the great Bee Gee disco hits including “Stayin’ Alive”, “How Deep Is Your Love”, “Night Fever”, “If I Can’t Have You”, “You Should Be Dancing” and more! Saturday Night Fever will have you dancing in your seat!
Saturday Night Fever is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized performance materials are supplied by Theatrical Rights Worldwide (TRW), 570 Seventh Avenue, Suite 2100, New York, NY 10018. (866) 378-0757 www.theatricalrights.com .
Creede Repertory Theatre presents the World Premiere of
Good On Paper
By George Brant
Black Box Theater
Please note: This production contains some mature language and adult situations.
In this quirky romantic comedy, Peg, a lonely police-sketch artist, prefers the company of her many drawings of criminals to the real men in her life. But when her romance-novelist sister gives her a mysterious hand-carved pencil, her sketches come to life. This is great, except when the people you draw are criminals. This modern Pygmalion tale begs the question: does love define or defy perfection?
By Jeffrey Hatcher
Please note: This production contains some mature language.
Inspired by hilarious memories of a 1967 childhood etiquette class, playwright Jeffrey Hatcher conjures up the world of a ten-year-old studying manners. Young Jeffrey is a misfit little boy who wants nothing more than to be good at something, and he finds his unlikely niche at etiquette school. Mrs. Mannerly is a demanding teacher with a dedication to Emily Post, and no student in her thirty-six years of etiquette classes has achieved a perfect score. When he discovers her mysterious past, Young Jeffrey leverages what he knows so he can be the first to attain the highest score. The plot mimics stories by humorists like David Sedaris and is a delicious, comic tale about coming-of-age in a simpler time.
“ Mrs. Mannerly mixes nostalgia with a spritz of astringent… a carefully crafted coming-of-age story” – Durango Herald
By Katori Hall
Directed by Gavin Mayer
Black Box Theater
Please note: This production contains some mature language and is performed without an intermission.
“THIS ISN’T THE ‘I HAVE A DREAM’ KING... THIS IS KING, THE MAN; NOT THE MYTH.” – Katori Hall, playwright
The Mountaintop reimagines the last night of the historic life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Exhausted from delivering one of his most memorable speeches, Dr. King rests in his room at the Lorraine Motel when a unanticipated visit from a feisty, young maid compels him to confront his own humanity and the fate of our nation. Winner of the Olivier Award for “Best New Play,” The Mountaintop ’s captivating storytelling fuses the dramatic and spiritual to reach a summit that will leave audiences riveted, wanting to know more about the legacy of Dr. King.
Original Broadway production was produced by Jean Doumanian, Sonia Friedman and Ambassador Theatre Group
“Stunning… Sensitive and moving.”
“Deeply personal, powerful, and engaging.”
“…a wonderful trip, as audacious as it is inventive.”
Death Takes A Holiday
Music and Lyrics by Maury Yeston
It's just after World War I, a time of renewal after years of sadness and human suffering. A mysterious individual disguised as a handsome young Prince arrives at an Italian villa. It is Death himself, who has decided to take a short vacation to be among the living, hoping to understand why he is so feared and why humans are so reluctant to leave life behind. As Death enjoys discovering the simple charms of life, he also begins to comprehend the strength of human love. This stunning musical features rich melodies and beautiful lyrics that will leave audiences breathless as the story unfolds.
Produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
“One lush, soaring number after another... ” - New York Times
The Arvada Center theater program has grown in prominence and popularity. BUT, we would not have achieved this level of success without our subscribers.
Some benefits include:
• Savings up to 30%
• No ticketing fees on theater season tickets
• Priority seat selection
• Free ticket exchanges
• Plus much more!
SINGLE TICKETS GO ON SALE AUGUST 3
- Summer Stage Concert Series 2015 2015 Summer Stage Concert Series at Arvada Center co-presented with Swallow Hill Music
- 2015-2016 Theater Season Subscriptions 2015-2016 Theater Subscription Packages
Summer Drama Camp Performances
Summer 2015 Drama Camp Performances
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Toad the Wet Sprocket, Smash Mouth, and Tonic 90's rock/pop bands Toad the Wet Sprocket, Smash Mouth and Tonic will be playing a concert in Denver on July 2, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Jonny Lang Blues and rock artist Jonny Lang will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 9, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Colorado Symphony Presents Mozart Under Moonlight Colorado Symphony returns for another "Mozart Under Moonlight", a glorious evening celebrating the most revered composer of all time. This concert will highlight Colorado Symphony musicians as soloists and Mozart's Symphony No. 35 as well as other classical favorites. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Laurie Berkner The queen of children's music, Laurie Berkner will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 11, 2015 at the Arvada Center Outdoor Ampitheater
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Sweet Harmony Soul Featuring Mavis Staples, Patty Griffin and Amy Helm Sweet Harmony Soul Featuring Mavis Staples, Patty Griffin and Amy Helm will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 16, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Time for Three With SHEL The virtuosic strings trio Time For Three will be playing a concert in Denver on July 24 at the Arvada Center
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Asleep at the Wheel With Kat Edmonson Country, swing band Asleep at the Wheel returns to Denver for a concert on July 25, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Los Lobos With the Soul Rebels Tex-Mex, Rock and R&B band Los Lobos will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 30, 2015.
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Colorado Symphony Presents Boston Pops Tribute Colorado Symphony returns again for another evening with Boston Pops Tribute playing homage to the great Arthur Fiedler, long-time conductor of the Boston Pops. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Colorado Jazz Repertory Orchestra Colorado’s best musicians performing classic big band and modern large ensemble jazz pieces by favorites like Count Basie, Maynard Ferguson, Buddy Rich, and more! From hard swinging blues, to beautiful ballads, to driving Latin tunes, the CJRO will treat the audience to the best of big band jazz.
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Rhiannon Giddens Rhiannon Giddens of the Carolina Chocolate Drops showcases her debut solo album in Denver on August 14, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Colorado Ballet Colorado Ballet returns to Arvada Center for another "Evening Under the Stars" ballet concert in Denver. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: The Denver Brass The Denver Brass returns to the Arvada Center to bring back the good old days of summer through movie favorites, sizzling jazz and Caribbean rhythms.
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Los Lonely Boys Grammy winning,Texas rock band Los Lonely Boys returns to Denver for a summer concert on September 3, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: David Grisman Bluegrass Experience and the Jeff Austin Band Bluegrass legends David Grisman Bluegrass Experience and the Jeff Austin Band will be playing a summer concert in Denver on September 11, 2015.