2017-2018 Theatre Season
The Arvada Center has announced its 2017-18 season, a diverse line-up of plays and musicals. The three musical and four play season includes two regional premiere plays performed in repertory, as well as the return of one of the Arvada Center’s most highly-requested musicals. The season also marks the second- year of the Black Box Repertory Theatre, a company of actors, who will perform three of the Black Box Theatre’s four plays in repertory.
- – A Year With Frog and Toad Based on the award-winning books by Arnold Lobel, A Year With Frog and Toad follows the adventures of two best friends: the cheerful Frog and the grumpy Toad. Buy Now Learn More
- – Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor® Dreamcoat The best-selling holiday musical for many years returns to the Arvada Center stage! Tim Rice & Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor® Dreamcoat is an irresistible family musical about the trials and triumphs of Joseph, Israel’s favorite son. Buy Now Learn More
- Coffee Concerts with Jeffrey Siegel These casual one-hour concerts feature famous classical piano selections book-ended with complimentary refreshments and lively conversation.
- Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversations Celebrated concert pianist and conductor Jeffrey Siegel returns to the Arvada Center for his 29th season with a program of great concerts that inform as well as entertain.
- Colorado Jazz Repertory Orchestra The Arvada Center welcomes the Colorado Jazz Repertory Orchestra this upcoming season.
- – Sense and Sensibility This isn’t your grandma’s Jane Austen! This rollicking, ingeniously-theatrical new adaptation follows the Dashwood sisters – sensible Elinor and passionate Marianne. When they lose their fortune, marriage is their only hope but can love, and marriage go together for women without money? Buy Now Learn More
- – Seussical Enter the fantastic world of Dr. Seuss in the musical, Seussical! Music and dance bring characters like Horton, the Cat in the Hat, and Gertrude McFuzz together on stage. Don’t miss out on all the fun and all the “thinks you can think”! Buy Now Learn More
- – The Electric Baby A folktale for adults, The Electric Baby combines magic, myth, and humor to explore devastating loss and hopeful healing. Buy Now Learn More
- The Legacy Show The Legacy Show is a multimedia concert of music by African-American composers performed by violinist Tami Lee Hughes and pianist Byron Burford-Phearse. Buy Now Learn More
- – All My Sons Winner of the New York Drama Critics' Circle Award, and the first-ever Best Play Tony Award, All My Sons is a powerful American classic that explores the dark side of the American dream, complex family dynamics and a person’s responsibility to the world beyond his own home. Buy Now Learn More