The Arvada Center's 2015-2016 season is an impressive line-up of plays and musicals that spread across several generations of the human experience including themes of self-discovery, romance, humor, and imagination. More...
The Arvada Center's 2015-2016 season is an impressive line-up of plays and musicals that spread across several generations of the human experience including themes of self-discovery, romance, humor, and imagination. The three musical and three play season is filled with popular titles and includes one world premiere, two regional premieres and an ongoing collaboration with Creede Repertory Theatre.
If you want the best value - please consider a subscription!
or Call the Box Office at 720-898-7200
SINGLE TICKETS GO ON SALE MONDAY, AUGUST 3
Saturday Night Fever
Based on the Paramount/RSO Film and the story by Nik Cohn
Please note: This production contains adult situations.
Pull out your leisure suit, put on your hot pants, polish your platform shoes and get ready to boogie down when we present this regional premiere musical based on the classic 70s film. Set in the historically significant era of post-Vietnam, Watergate, and years of civil unrest; America was ready to embrace something new. When disco blazoned on the scene, it created a cultural shift by embracing a blending of dance styles from high-energy jitterbug, to mid-century rock and roll and the classic grace of ballroom dance. Disco helped launch a new era that resulted in lifestyle changes and musical genres that have become part of our contemporary culture. Saturday Night Fever features all the great Bee Gee disco hits including “Stayin’ Alive”, “How Deep Is Your Love”, “Night Fever”, “If I Can’t Have You”, “You Should Be Dancing” and more! Saturday Night Fever will have you dancing in your seat!
Saturday Night Fever is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized performance materials are supplied by Theatrical Rights Worldwide (TRW), 570 Seventh Avenue, Suite 2100, New York, NY 10018. (866) 378-0757 www.theatricalrights.com .
Creede Repertory Theatre presents the World Premiere of
Good On Paper
By George Brant
Black Box Theater
Please note: This production contains some mature language and adult situations.
In this quirky romantic comedy, virtual dating takes on a new twist when a lovelorn police-sketch artist brings her drawings to life. Peg is absurdly particular about the men she dates, no one can live up to her standards until… a “Guy” jumps off the sketchpad and sweeps her off her feet. Peg quickly finds out getting what you ask for isn’t what it’s cracked up to be in this fast-paced play presented by the critically acclaimed Creede Repertory Theatre.
By Jeffrey Hatcher
Please note: This production contains some mature language.
Inspired by hilarious memories of a 1967 childhood etiquette class, playwright Jeffrey Hatcher conjures up the world of a ten-year-old studying manners. Young Jeffrey is a misfit little boy who wants nothing more than to be good at something, and he finds his unlikely niche at etiquette school. Mrs. Mannerly is a demanding teacher with a dedication to Emily Post, and no student in her thirty-six years of etiquette classes has achieved a perfect score. When he discovers her mysterious past, Young Jeffrey leverages what he knows so he can be the first to attain the highest score. The plot mimics stories by humorists like David Sedaris and is a delicious, comic tale about coming-of-age in a simpler time.
“ Mrs. Mannerly mixes nostalgia with a spritz of astringent… a carefully crafted coming-of-age story” – Durango Herald
By Katori Hall
Directed by Gavin Mayer
Black Box Theater
Please note: This production contains some mature language and is performed without an intermission.
“THIS ISN’T THE ‘I HAVE A DREAM’ KING... THIS IS KING, THE MAN; NOT THE MYTH.” – Katori Hall, playwright
Great theatre can emerge from a simple yet evocative question: "What if?" Katori Hall, a daring, young African American playwright, imagines - What might have Martin Luther King Jr. done the night before he died? Whom might he have talked to? What might he have said? Her Olivier Award-winning play imagines a scenario portraying Martin Luther King more as a man, than a myth. Katori Hall felt “It is important to see the humanity in this hero so we can see the hero in ourselves.” As a simple hotel room becomes a battleground where man and myth fight for their future, Hall’s interpretation crescendos into an unexpected and lyrical flight of theatrical fancy that will leave audiences breathless from the view.
Original Broadway production was produced by Jean Doumanian, Sonia Friedman and Ambassador Theatre Group
“Stunning… Sensitive and moving.”
“Deeply personal, powerful, and engaging.”
“…a wonderful trip, as audacious as it is inventive.”
Death Takes A Holiday
Music and Lyrics by Maury Yeston
Love defies death in this exquisitely written musical. It's just after World War I, a time of renewal after years of sadness and human suffering. After sparing a young woman who is in a fatal car crash, Death returns to walk among the living, hoping to understand why he chose to save her. As he experiences the simple charms of life, he also begins to comprehend the strength of human love. From the creative team of Titanic and Nine, this stunning musical’s soaring melodies and lush score weave an enchanting tale of love and the preciousness of life.
Produced by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
“One lush, soaring number after another... ” - New York Times
The Arvada Center theater program has grown in prominence and popularity. BUT, we would not have achieved this level of success without our subscribers.
Some benefits include:
• Savings up to 30%
• No ticketing fees on theater season tickets
• Priority seat selection
• Free ticket exchanges
• Plus much more!
SINGLE TICKETS GO ON SALE AUGUST 3
- Summer Stage Concert Series 2015 2015 Summer Stage Concert Series at Arvada Center co-presented with Swallow Hill Music
- 2015-2016 Theater Season Subscriptions 2015-2016 Theater Subscription Packages
Summer Drama Camp Performances
Summer 2015 Drama Camp Performances
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Los Lobos With the Soul Rebels Tex-Mex, Rock and R&B band Los Lobos will be playing a summer concert in Denver on July 30, 2015.
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra The Colorado Chamber Orchestra returns for its second season offering a three-concert series on Sunday afternoons. CCO also introduces us to a new Composer-in-Residence, Dr. Anne M. Guzzo. This season's programming includes some classical favorites as well as new compositions.
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Colorado Symphony Presents Boston Pops Tribute Colorado Symphony returns again for another evening with Boston Pops Tribute playing homage to the great Arthur Fiedler, long-time conductor of the Boston Pops. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Colorado Jazz Repertory Orchestra Colorado’s best musicians performing classic big band and modern large ensemble jazz pieces by favorites like Count Basie, Maynard Ferguson, Buddy Rich, and more! From hard swinging blues, to beautiful ballads, to driving Latin tunes, the CJRO will treat the audience to the best of big band jazz.
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Rhiannon Giddens With the Haunted Windchimes Rhiannon Giddens of the Carolina Chocolate Drops showcases her debut solo album in Denver on August 14, 2015
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Colorado Ballet Colorado Ballet returns to Arvada Center for another "Evening Under the Stars" ballet concert in Denver. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: The Denver Brass The Denver Brass returns to the Arvada Center to bring back the good old days of summer through movie favorites, sizzling jazz and Caribbean rhythms.
- Summer Stage Concert Series: Los Lonely Boys Grammy winning,Texas rock band Los Lonely Boys returns to Denver for a summer concert on September 3, 2015
- Saturday Night Fever Pull out your leisure suit, put on your hot pants, polish your platform shoes and get ready to boogie down when we present this regional premiere musical based on the classic 70s film. Buy Now Learn More
- Summer Stage Concert Series: David Grisman Bluegrass Experience and the Jeff Austin Band Bluegrass legends David Grisman Bluegrass Experience and the Jeff Austin Band will be playing a summer concert in Denver on September 11, 2015.
- Good on Paper In this quirky romantic comedy, virtual dating takes on a new twist when a lovelorn police-sketch artist brings her drawings to life. Peg is absurdly particular about the men she dates, no one can live up to her standards until… a “Guy” jumps off the sketchpad and sweeps her off her feet. Buy Now Learn More
- Jeffrey Siegel Coffee Concerts These casual one-hour concerts feature famous classical piano selections book-ended with complimentary refreshments and lively conversation.
- Colorado Chamber Orchestra - Myths, Painters and Composers Three musical selections feature solo harp and piano performances and selections from Composer-in-Residence Dr. Anne M. Guzzo, Donald Hilsberg, Ravel and Mozart.
- – Charlotte's Web - Fall 2015 Charlotte's Web, a beloved children's classic, spins the tale of a clever spider and her pig friend Wilbur.