Arvada Center Regional Premiere
Based on the smash-hit Disney animated film, Tarzan ® swings into the Arvada Center marking its Colorado stage debut. Familiar to families over several generations, Tarzan ® tells the story of an infant boy orphaned in a shipwreck on the shores of west Africa. The child is taken in and raised by a tribe of gorillas. He becomes a man, thriving in this primitive environment, until the arrival of a hunting expedition and his realization of the world beyond his jungle home. Tarzan ® features Grammy and Oscar winning music by pop icon Phil Collins and is suitable for audiences of all ages.
Main Stage Theater
Previews Tues, July 8, Weds July 9 & Thurs July 10
Runs Friday, July 11 - August 3, 2014
Times & Pricing:
Previews Tues, Wed & Thurs at 7:30 p.m.; $36
Fri & Sat, 7:30 p.m. and Sat & Sun, 2:00 p.m.; center $73, prime $67, value $59
Tues, Wed, Thu, 7:30 p.m. and Wed, 1:00 p.m.; center $66, prime $60, value $53
Children's Tickets are 50% off!
Children's tickets 50% off offer valid for 12 yrs and under. This offer is available at the Box Office or online but purchases of tickets online that include children's tickets will be held at the Box Office in Will Call for age verification on Children's tickets.
Please see our Children's Ticketing Policies
Based on the Disney Film
Music and Lyrics by Phil Collins
Book by David Henry Hwang
Adapted from the story “Tarzan of the Apes” by Edgar Rice Burroughs
Originally Produced on Broadway by Disney Theatrical Productions
TARZAN© owned by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc.
Directed by Gavin Mayer
- 2014-15 Season at a Glance We are excited to announce our 2014-2015 theater season! The upcoming season has an impressive selection of six plays and musicals that offers two regional premieres
- Subscribe or Renew for 2014-15 Theater Season Subscribe or Renew your existing subscription to the 2014-15 Arvada Center Theater Season
- Tarzan, the Stage Musical Based on the smash-hit Disney animated film, Tarzan® swings into the Arvada Center marking its Colorado stage debut. Familiar to families over several generations, Tarzan® tells the story of an infant boy orphaned in a shipwreck on the shores of west Africa. Buy Now Learn More
- Charlotte's Web - Spring 2015 Charlottes Web, a beloved children's classic, spins the tale of a clever spider and her pig friend Wilbur.
- Lyle the Crocodile When Lyle the big green crocodile turns up in the Primm family’s bathtub nobody quite knows what to do. Lyle’s singing and dancing soon wins them over and the Primms invite him to stay. Their neighbor, Mr. Grumps, and his equally grumpy cat, are not happy.
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band and Los Lonely Boys Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Los Lonely Boys - Tuesday Aug 5 at 7:30pm Buy Now Learn More
- Colorado Ballet ~ an Evening Under the Stars Colorado Ballet || A Evening Under The Stars || Aug 16 - Join the stars of Colorado Ballet under the stars for a program featuring excerpts Colorado Ballet’s upcoming fall productions of "A Midsummer Night’s Dream" and "Dracula". Buy Now Learn More
- The Subdudes - Original Lineup Reunited! They're back! Tommy Malone, John Magnie, Steve Amedee and Johnny Ray Allen - the original lineup of The Subdudes - are going on the road for the first time in 17 years. Buy Now Learn More
- Eva Schloss: Anne Frank and Me Eva Schloss: Anne Frank and Me - an intimate conversation with Anne Frank's Stepsister. Enjoy a unique and historic opportunity to enter the world of the stepsister and childhood friend of Anne Frank, Eva Schloss. Buy Now Learn More
- The Manhattan Transfer With FACE It's been more than 40 years since Tim Hauser, a former Madison Avenue marketing executive, paid his bills by driving a NYC cab while aspiring to form a harmony vocal quartet that could authentically embrace varied musical styles, and still create something wholly unique American pop music. Buy Now Learn More
- The Denver Brass: A Space Odyssey Arvada Center's Outdoor Amphitheateris the perfect setting for an out-of-this-world space encounter. Hal the Computer, from 2001: A Space Odyssey, will guide you through a universe of space age entertainment: Jupiter, Mars, Orsen Wells War of the Worlds, Star Trek, Zarathustra, Apollo 13 and more... Buy Now Learn More
- The Mavericks The Mavericks are back. The country-steeped garage band with a Cuban American lead singer that had emerged from Miami in 1989 with their sultry debut that was equal parts innocence, intensity, and vintage influences reunited in 2012 after an eight-year hiatus. Buy Now Learn More
- – Memphis, the Musical From the underground dance clubs of 1950s Memphis, Tennessee, comes a sizzling Broadway musical that bursts off the stage with explosive dancing, irresistible songs, and a thrilling tale of fame and love.