The Arvada Center celebrates and elevates the human condition with engaging arts, humanities, education, and entertainment that expand the cultural landscape for everyone who visits us.
There’s something special about the arts and humanities. Something transcendent.
They can enrich who we are and inspire who we want to become. Ultimately, they
appeal to the best in all of us, exciting our senses and enhancing our state of mind.
The Arvada Center produces, curates, and creates national-caliber arts, humanities,
education, and entertainment that are designed to help you see, hear, feel, and think a
little deeper. Here, there’s truly something for everyone. You’ll find something you can
not only relate to, but something that resonates—no matter who you are, no matter
where you’re from.
Your support helps us
- Welcome, entertain and inspire nearly 300,000 visitors of all ages every year.
- “Put on a show” like no one else! The Arvada Center takes great pride in preserving the art of stagecraft so it can provide patrons with the very best in live theatre
- Host a dozen or more fine art exhibitions each year in its three distinctive galleries with 10,000 square feet of space. The Center prides itself on keeping its gallery and museum exhibitions FREE and open to the public seven days a week, something that it has done since opening in 1976.
- Offer 750 classes, camps, and workshops for 7,000 aspiring student artists. The Center’s wide array of programs in the performing and visual arts provides inspiring arts-based learning opportunities for students of all ages.
- Be one of the leading employers of creative people in Colorado. Our theatrical productions star talent from Broadway to Hollywood and feature actors, designers, choreographers and crew who are the tops in their fields from throughout Colorado
- Entertain and educate 70,000 schoolchildren with children’s theatre productions. For many students, the Arvada Center may be their first experience with live professional theatre.
- Produce eight productions each season in its 526-seat Main Stage and 226-seat Black Box Theatre’s that entertain, challenge and enchant more than 76,000 patrons from across Colorado’s Front Range.
- Be a premier summer destination that entertains 15,000 concertgoers all season long with an impressive lineup of national touring acts and local cultural events in its 1,600 seat outdoor amphitheatre.
- Support aspiring artists through annual community and school art exhibitions such as the Jeffco Schools Foundation High School Art Exhibition.
- House a FREE history museum that showcases the heritage and development of Arvada and the Old West.
- Make the arts accessible to everyone! Whether it’s providing more than 14,000 half-price tickets to disadvantaged children, or serving kids who are hard of hearing or deaf with one of eight shadow-interpreted shows annually, we don’t want anyone to miss the chance to explore their creativity.
- Remain firmly committed to the cultural well-being of the community. The Center offers free and reduced tickets to more than 20,000 low-income and underserved schoolchildren throughout the year.
- Conduct a professional-level dance academy that trains countless dancers who have gone on to receive scholarships and to perform in acclaimed dance companies around the country and on Broadway.
- Provide hands-on, educational arts experiences for students from preschool through high school. The Center’s educator-respected Arts Day and Outreach programs are designed to be an adventure in the arts that engage children's hands and expands their minds.
- Be the home to the Front Range Youth Symphony Orchestras for over 30 years. The Center’s professional-level training program in orchestral music is offered as an enhancement to school music programs and offers three levels of participation: Youth Symphony, Chamber Orchestra, and Concert Strings.