Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about virtual theatre at the Arvada Center. Having trouble? Contact our Box Office at 720-898-7200.
You can find the link to watch your performance of Christie Con in your account on our website, as well as in the email confirmation you received after you bought tickets. You can click on the show link in that email confirmation, or enter the link URL into an internet browser on your device.
To find the play in your account:
If you have any questions about finding the link to your performance, please contact our Box Office at email@example.com.
Christie Con is presented through Zoom. You will need a Zoom account to watch the play.
- The night of the performance around 6:30, turn on your device of choice. We recommend watching the play on as big a screen as possible. Adjusting the angle or brightness of your laptop or computer can improve the visuals too.
- Follow the link to this play (how to find it is detailed above) and log into Zoom if you aren't logged in already.
- You'll see a button to Open Zoom Meetings - follow that link to join the waiting room!
- You'll then be connected to a waiting room where you will see preshow information and a link to our digital program. The waiting room will open 30 minutes before the start of each show. You should connect no less than fifteen minutes before the show start time - we'll cut off "late seating" when the play begins.
- When the play starts, you'll be admitted from the waiting room into the main meeting.
- Make sure you have a drink and a snack, and enjoy the performance!
You may leave the show at any time by simply closing the Zoom Video Communication app.
If you have not been on a Zoom meeting before, click here to go to the Zoom Video Communication test page on their web site. This will allow you to test your hardware compatibility, microphone and speakers. You do need a Zoom account to watch the play.
Follow these directions to log into Zoom:
1. To join the play, click the link you received in the confirmation email.
2. If you've never used Zoom before, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link. Log into Zoom when promoted, and then tap Launch Meeting.
3. Check your name. Please ensure that the name you enter here is yours - we'll check our list of attendees for each performance before we let you into the Zoom meeting for that performance.
4. Wait for the Stage Manager to admit you into the waiting room for the play. When you're admitted, you'll see a video with some instructions. Your video and audio will be turned off.
You're all set! Sit back and enjoy the play.
1. Make sure your meeting is set to Gallery View:
Gallery View lets you see thumbnail displays of participants, in a grid pattern, which expands and contracts as participants join and leave the meeting.
- Change your view settings by finding the icon in the top right corner. Make sure it's set to Gallery View.
2. Please turn off non-participant video:
Turning off non-participant video will let you view only accounts that have their videos on - just our cast!
- When you're logged into Zoom, navigate to Video Settings. In the bottom left corner, there's a button shaped like a camera (that will let you turn your camera on and off). Click the small arrow next to that button to see some more options. Then click Video Settings.
- When you click Video Settings, a box with more options will pop up. Make sure you're looking at Video (option on the left). Scroll until you see an option to "Hide non-video participants."
- Check the box, then close out of the window. You're all set!
Yes! We're offering closed captioning for Christie Con through a speech-recognition AI service called Rev. Each performance will start with closed captions turned on by default. You have the option to turn them on or off as needed throughout the play.
Please note that, because of technical limitations through Zoom itself, captions will only work in the main meeting room and will not follow you into breakout rooms. There are two scenes in this play where you'll have the option to follow different cast members into breakout rooms. If you wish to use captions, we suggest staying in the main meeting.
Here are some instructions on turning captions on and off if you're using a computer:
No! The only participants on the screen will be our cast. We'll turn your mic and video off when we admit you into the waiting room, so feel free to chat with friends, or enjoy drinks or a meal while you watch.
You'll be unable to unmute yourself during the performance. However, it is possible to turn your camera on. We require everyone watching the play to leave their cameras off. Turning your camera on during the play is like running onstage during a live performance - we'll turn your camera back off again, and remove you from the play. Thank you for being considerate of our performers!
There are a few moments in the play that invite audience participation in other ways - polls, and the chat feature - so please don't be shy when those opportunities come up. We'll be clear about when they're occurring!
It's live! Christie Con is performed live, with the actors saying the words and living the stories as you watch them. Every performance is different, so come back more than once.
If you are not using Apple devices, then the easiest way to get Zoom on your TV is using Chromecast. The dongle connects to the TV through HDMI and thanks to its support for screen mirroring, it can be used to mirror screen from Android smartphones or any device running Chrome browser.