ARVADA CENTER RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As Arvada Center staff continue to monitor the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we are faced with many difficult decisions. Following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and with the health and safety of our patrons and staff as our priority, we have decided to take the following steps.
- The Arvada Center facility is now closed to the public until further notice. We will contact patrons at such time when we decide to reopen our doors.
ADJUSTED BOX OFFICE HOURS
- The Arvada Center Box Office will assist patrons virtually Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm. If you have a question for box office staff, pleas send an email to email@example.com. If you would like to submit a request to donate your purchased tickets, transfer the cost of your tickets to a gift certificate, or receive a refund, please use this online request form.
- Box Office staff will be available to answer phone calls during limited hours. If you would like to speak with a representative, please call the Box Office at 720-898-7200 between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Due to the volume of patrons we are assisting, we ask for your patience allow Box Office staff up to two weeks to process any online requests. Thank you for your understanding during this difficult period.
GALLERIES AND EXHIBITIONS
- Until further notice, all gallery spaces are closed to the public.
- The upcoming exhibitions of Jeffco High School Art Exhibition, Jeffco Alumni featuring Brady Smith, and Jeffco Teacher Melody Epperson have been cancelled.
- The Print Madness event has been postponed. We are currently exploring future dates for this event and will inform patrons when a new date is selected.
EDUCATION CLASSES AND CAMPS
- All classes and workshops scheduled to begin between March 16 and April 30 have been cancelled. Education staff will contact each enrolled student with options for registration (including transfers to a different term, donation of class cost, transfer funds to a gift certificate or a refund).
- Education staff are exploring options for virtual delivery of certain classes. Students enrolled in classes with virtual delivery options will be contacted directly.
CONCERTS AND PERFORMANCES
- The Colorado Jazz Repertory Orchestra performances, "A Night at the Village Vanguard," (3/14) and "Latin Jazz Favorites" (5/9) have been cancelled.
- Jeffrey Siegel's performances on 5/13 have both been cancelled.
- As of now, all summer concert performances will take place as scheduled.
THEATRE CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS
All remaining theatre performances in the 2019-2020 season have been cancelled, effective March 16, 2020. This cancellation notice includes:
- All Black Box Repertory productions including Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and Small Mouth Sounds.
- The upcoming Main Stage production of Something Rotten!
- May performance dates of our musical for children - The Velveteen Rabbit.
FOR TICKETHOLDERS OF CANCELLED PERFORMANCES
If you purchased tickets to a performance that was cancelled, you should have received direct communication regarding your ticket options. Your options are:
If you would like to donate your tickets, receive a gift certificate in your name for the amount of your ticket purchase, or request a refund, please use this online form. Due to volume of requests, please allow up to two weeks for Box Office staff to respond to your submission.
As the Arvada Center is a non-profit institution relying on both ticket sales and contributed revenue, we ask you to consider donating the cost of your ticket. While cancelling performances is necessary for the health of all of our patrons, staff, artists, and volunteers, it will be a loss for the institution, making donations even more important. If you choose to donate your ticket as a tax-deductible donation you will help sustain our revenue during this time, allowing us to inspire and impact people through the arts and humanities well into the future.
Updated March 30, 2020 at 12:00 pm