We pride ourselves on making the arts accessible to everyone! Whether it’s providing more than 14,000 half-price tickets to disadvantaged children, or serving kids who are hard of hearing or deaf with one of eight shadow-interpreted shows annually, we don’t want anyone to miss the chance to explore their creativity.
That includes the Internet experience. The Arvada Center is proud to say our website is 100% ADA compliant to Conformance Level A as dictated by the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 and 100% compliant to U.S. Section 508 guidelines for accessibility adopted by the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Access Board) of the U.S. Federal government.
Service Animals and Pets
Arvada Center welcomes designated service animals only. As a courtesy to other patrons attending events at the Arvada Center, please do not bring non-service animals.
Features for People with Mobility Needs
- Accessible entrances
- Upper entrance with automatic doors on North side
- Main entrance equipped with button operated power assist door
- Doors leading from the Black Box lobby to the Black Box plaza equipped with button operated power assist door
- Doors going into the Main Gallery equipped with button operated power assist door
- Doors going into Museum equipped with button operated power assist door
- Main level restrooms (1 men's, 1 women's) across from Ballroom D are equipped with button operated power assist doors
- Elevator access centrally located elevator to access different levels
- Classrooms, meeting rooms, galleries, studios, and bathrooms offer easy access to people using wheelchairs
- Seating for patrons who use wheelchairs is available in the Black Box Theatre, Main Stage Theatre, and Outdoor Amphitheatre. Please make your seating needs and preferences known when you purchase your tickets
Features for People with Hearing Needs
- American Sign Language interpreting will be provided upon request for classes
- Shadow interpreted children's theater performances on selected dates
- Assistive listening devices provided upon request.
Features for People with Visual Needs
- Raised-letter and Braille signage
- We provide audio-described children's theatre and Main Stage and Black Box Theatre performances upon request.
- Large print theatre programs for Main Stage musicals, Black Box plays and professional music concerts.
The Arvada Center strives to make the arts accessible to all people. As part of that effort, we produce theatrical performances for people with specific needs, including sensory friendly performances, shadow interpreted performances, audio described performances and performances featuring American Sign Language interpreters. Read more and buy tickets on our accessible performance page.
Features for All People
- Squiggles, a state-of-the-art interactive sculpture park is accessible to children and adults with vision and mobility impairments.
- If you have specific needs, you are welcome to call the Box Office, 720-898-7200 at least a week before the performance so we can make your visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
- Equal opportunity and nondiscrimination for volunteers and employees.
- Tickets are made available to specific needs populations through ArtReach, 303-433-2882.
- For more information on Arvada Center Access Features and special programs, call 720-898-7241.
If you have alternative seating needs or accessible seating needs, please contact the Box Office at 720-898-7200 prior to the event to make the appropriate arrangements. No guarantees for accommodation can be made at the time of the event.