We pride ourselves on making the arts accessible to everyone! Whether it’s providing more than 14,000 half-price tickets to disadvantaged children, or serving kids who are hard of hearing or deaf with one of eight shadow-interpreted shows annually, we don’t want anyone to miss the chance to explore their creativity.
That includes the Internet experience. The Arvada Center is proud to say our new website is now 100% ADA compliant to Conformance Level A as dictated by the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 and 100% compliant to U.S. Section 508 guidelines for accessibility adopted by the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Access Board) of the U.S. Federal government.
Service Animals and Pets
Arvada Center welcomes designated service animals only. As a courtesy to other patrons attending events at the Arvada Center, please do not bring non-service animals.
Features for People with Mobility Needs
- Accessible entrances
+ Upper entrance with automatic doors on North side
+ Main entrance equipped with button operated power assist door
+ doors leading from the Black Box lobby to the Black Box plaza equipped with button operated power assist door
+ doors going into the Main Gallery equipped with button operated power assist door
+ doors going into Museum equipped with button operated power assist door
Main level restrooms (1 mens, 1 womens) across from Ballroom D are equipped with button operated power assist doors
- Elevator access centrally located elevator to access different levels
- Classrooms, meeting rooms, galleries, studios and bathrooms offer easy access to people using wheelchairs
- Seating for patrons who use wheelchairs is available in the Black Box Theater, Main Stage Theater and Outdoor Amphitheater. Please make your seating needs and preferences known when you purchase your tickets.
Features for People with Hearing Needs
- American Sign Language interpreting will be provided upon request for classes
- TTY information line 720-898-7203
- Shadow interpreted children's theater performances on selected dates
- Assistive listening devices provided upon request.
- TTY available for use at first floor information desk
Sensory Friendly Performances for 2016-2017
Junie B. Jones, The Musical Monday, December 5, 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
A Year with Frog and Toad Monday, May 8, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.
Shadow Interpreted Performances for 2016-2017
Junie B. Jones, The Musical Thursday, October 7, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
A Year with Frog and Toad Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.; Friday, May 12, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
Features for People with Visual Needs
- Raised-letter and Braille signage
- We provide audio-described children's theatre and Main Stage and Black Box theatre performances upon request
- Large print theatre programs
Features for All People
- Sguiggles, a state-of-the-art interactive sculpture park is accessible to children and adults with vision and mobility impairments.
- If you have specific needs, you are welcome to call the Box Office, 720-898-7200 at least a week before the performance so we can make your visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
- Equal opportunity and nondiscrimination for volunteers and employees.
- Tickets are made available to specific needs populations through ArtReach, 303-433-2882 .
- For more information on Arvada Center Access Features and special programs, call 720-898-7241 .
If you have alternative seating needs, or accessible seating needs, please contact the Box Office at 720-898-7200 prior to the event to make the appropriate arrangements. No guarantees for accommodation can be made at the time of the event.