Arvada Center Blog
Top 10 Reasons to Support Arvada Center
on Colorado Gives Day Dec 10, 2013 Click here to share your support! https://bit.ly/AC-CGD2013
10. Your support helps… entertain and educate almost 70,000 school children with unique theater and hands-on art activities
9. Your support helps… offer over 750 classes, camps, and workshops for aspiring artists of all ages.
8. Your support helps… provide barrier-free access to the arts for 4,000+ children and adults with disabilities with shadow-interpreted and audio-described theater performances and customized arts education experiences, including Squiggles, our fully-accessible interactive sculpture park that welcomes children (and adults!) of all abilities.
7. Your support has helped make… the Arvada Center one of the leading employers of some of the best creative people in Colorado. Some of our employees are not only creative in their ‘day job’ but are also creative as ‘artists-on-the-side’. Some of our employee artists:
· Rene Atchison, photographer
· Chuck McCoy, abstract print artist
· Katrina Niemisto, jewelry maker
· Kristen Bueb, wine maker, art historian
· Collin Parson, light artist
· Christina Noel-Adcock, nationally-recognized dance master class clinician
· Debra Sanders, installation artist working in mixed and alternative media
· Ashley Machacek, fine artist mixed media
6. Your support helps… welcome, educate and entertain 350,000 visitors annually in our two indoor theaters, 14 studio classrooms, three art galleries, outdoor amphitheater and banquet and conference rooms.
5. Your support helps… in 2013, the Arvada Center showed artwork from nearly 1,000 artists in 15 exhibitions, including “Art of the State: A Juried Exhibition of Colorado”, 26th Annual Fine Art Market and Sale, 6th Annual ACES Show and Sale, 34th Annual Holiday Craft Fair and the 42nd Annual Jeffco Schools Foundation High School Art Exhibition.
4. Your support helps… preserve the art of stagecraft. The Arvada Center takes great pride in creating our productions, from the stage floor and up!
3. Your support helps… produce seven award-winning theatrical productions annually. The Arvada Center recently won the coveted “Outstanding Season for a Theatre Company” from the Colorado Theatre Guild Henry Awards.
2. Your support helps…the Arvada Center develop professional-level academy programs that help train and prepare aspiring young artists in the areas of orchestral music, dance and theater.
For 37 years, the Front Range Youth Symphony Orchestras have provided professional-level training in orchestral music as an enhancement to school music programs.
The Arvada Center Dance Academy has trained countless dancers who have gone on to receive scholarships and to perform in acclaimed dance companies and on Broadway.
Launched in fall 2012, the Arvada Center Theater Academy Company offers talented youth a small-enrollment, high-level, in-depth program of theater instruction that deepens their skills and knowledge in the areas of character work, scene study, auditioning, and production training.
1. Your support helps… It’s simple here at the Arvada Center… Art is at the Heart of All we do…