Arvada Center Blog

Les Miserables Extends with New Lead at Helm

Posted by lgirard on October 02nd 2008 to Behind the Scenes,Center News,In the News

The Arvada Center’s critically acclaimed epic musical Les Miserables extends through October 25. Tickets are now on sale and are expected to sell out.

Fresh off a three week run of Les Misérables at Maine State Music Theatre in Brunswick Maine, Dennis St. Pierre has arrived in Arvada, is currently in rehearsal and is expected to step into the lead role of Jean Valjean this weekend. According to Kathi Kacinski with Maine State Music Theatre, “[Dennis St. Pierre] can bank on this role for the next 15 years. He’s passionate about the role and audiences will love him.” Dennis has been seen on six Broadway national and international tours, starred in an off Broadway show and worked for over 30 theater companies throughout the U.S. Favorite credits include Man of La Mancha, Secret Garden, Miss Saigon and Loves Labours Lost. Dennis also made TV guest appearances on The Practice, Ally McBeal, NYPD Blue, Passions and Ed. As a singer, he appeared as a soloist throughout Europe and has recorded demo songs for artists such as Josh Groban, Elton John and Celine Dion.

The continued extension of Les Mis will run through October 25, with performances on Tuesday – Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday matinees at 2:00 p.m.; Wednesday matinees at 1:00 p.m. There will be no matinee performances on Wednesday, October 22 and Sunday, October 25.

For Tickets call (720) 898-7200 or visit arvadacenter.org.

Discover the Arvada Center!

5 responses to “Les Miserables Extends with New Lead at Helm”

1. Dina St Pierre says:

Dennis St Pierre playing the role of Jean Valjean In Les Mis is a match made in Heaven. A role that Dennis portrays exquisitely! He has been compared to the sound of a baby’s first cry. The sight of a loon on a lake. And the touch of a lover or friend. Dennis’s performance as Jean Valjean is magical and nothing short of fantastic! Rarely, does life offer a moment in time, almost still like, with a sensation that lights your heart and lifts your soul.

2. Jerry Crute says:

Dennis is one of our Maine boys(Lewiston) who’ve hit the big time. I’ve known him for many years and saw him in the August run of Les Miserables at Maine State Music Theatre, near my home. This role, he agreed with me after the performance, has to be the epitome of his career. If I had the time I’d fly to Colorado to see him do it again; he is magnificent as Jean Valjean and y’all should not miss the production.

Jerry Crute

3. Judith Geer says:

Audiences at the Arvada Center have a treat in store. Dennis St.Pierre is amazingly talented actor. I was priviledged to see him perform Jean Valjean at the Maine State Music Theatre. His “Bring Him Home” will bring tears to your eyes.

4. Kurtis says:

I would like to express my sincere thanks to Dennis St. Pierre for giving such a great performance. I attended the October 15th performance, and was extremely impressed by his abilities and presence. Dennis St. Pierre has wonderful stage presence and works excellently with the intimate nature of this facility. Dennis St. Pierre easily captured the role of Jean Valjean, actually feeling and expressing the emotions associated with this difficult role. I absolutely recommend this performance to anyone who receives pleasure from watching such a great performance. To Dennis St. Pierre, and the entire cast of Les Miserables, I thank you all for an extraordinary evening.

5. Judith Geer says: